Chicken tenders seasoned with lemon peppers, roasted peppers, and crispy feta with Queso cheese! Paired with a sweet and tangy vinaigrette. Full of flavors and one of a kind dish.
Coming up with different kinds of recipe is always fun for me. I came up with this recipe as Summer is around the corner and I love a meal with fresh and summery flavors! On a hot summer day, I am always in the mood for something lemony yet sweet!
And here is this Lemon Pepper chicken with crispy feta and Queso cheese! I roasted some bell peppers too! Oh and you can’t forget the sauce! I feel like every dish needs sauce! I made a sweet and tangy vinaigrette sauce using the oil from the sun dried tomatoes mixed with honey, which made the vinaigrette on the sweeter side. You can pair this dish with either rice or orzo! I love a plain white rice with this dish. My favorite part about this dish is mixing everything together with the sauce, and that bite of crispy cheese all in one big bite! You have to try it to see!
A few ingredients and you’ll have a new way of making dinner!
Chicken tenders – so easy and fast to cook. Works best with this recipe too! You can also use chicken breast if you’d like.
Lemon pepper – one of the main seasonings to season your chicken with.
Corn starch – you will coat the feta and Queso cheese with corn starch to make the cheese crispy.
Queso blanco cheese – This is also known as white cheese!
Feta cheese – another delicious cheese that will really make this dish so full of flavors.
Red and orange bell peppers – this will add color and texture to the dish!
Sun dried tomatoes – this will really pull all the ingredients together and it is full of vitamins and antioxidants!
For the Vinaigrette you’ll need
With only 3 ingredients for a perfect summer vinaigrette.
Oil from the sun dried tomatoes jar. Sun dried tomatoes in jars are in olive oil or sometimes Italian herbs. This keeps the sun dried tomatoes last longer in the fridge and adds more flavors. Taking about three tablespoons give or take and adding it to the vinaigrette will make the best dressing ever! If you don’t have much oil to work with, you can add olive oil and season with oregano and basil.
Lemon juice – This will balance out the sweetness from the honey.
- Begin by washing your chicken tenders and pat drying any excess water
- Next season both sides of the chicken tenders with salt, and lemon pepper seasonings.
- In a skillet over medium to high heat add couple tablespoons of olive oil, and cook the chicken until tender. Set aside.
- Using the same skillet, (make sure you scrape any pieces left from the chicken) you cooked the chicken with, saute the bell pepper and sun dried tomatoes. Set aside.
- Combine corn starch with the feta and queso cheese. Queso cheese comes in a block. Use your fingers to break the block apart as they will fall into medium size pieces. Mix until combined.
- Using the same skillet, fry the cheese until golden and crisp.
- To assemble, over white rice or orzo. I prefer white rice for this dish. I used long grain Basmati rice. On a large serving platter, put the rice covering the entire platter, add the lemon pepper chicken around, bell peppers, sun dried tomatoes, and both cheeses. Pour the dressing over the dish or set aside in a small ramekin if you have guest coming over to serve for later! Enjoy!