This simple and satisfying dish has everything that makes for a healthy and delicious Middle Eastern vegan meal. Green beans sauteed in olive oil, garlic, onions, and tomatoes. This can be eaten with pita bread and olives.
Loubieh Bzeit in English translates to, green beans in olive oil. This dish is a traditional Lebanese vegan recipe! I love incorporating healthy meals into my diet, and this definitely hits the spot! What I love about this dish, is all the aromatic flavors you get from the olive oil and garlic. I was first introduced to this dish by my mother in law. We would eat it with pita bread and olives. If you don’t want that extra carbs you can leave the bread out and still eat it alone and it taste so good.
Ingredients for Green Beans in Olive Oil
Green Beans – I buy organic green beans from Costco. They taste so good! I don’t recommend canned green beans as the texture when cooked with the olive oil will become soggy. You can use frozen green beans. Frozen green beans are already trimmed and cut so all you have to do is saute with olive oil.
Garlic – Fresh chopped garlic will add lots of flavor. I used a whole bulb of garlic and finely chopped.
Tomato – I used about 3 tomatoes. Tomatoes will make a sauce texture with the olive oil. This will definitely add more flavor to everything else.
Olive oil – I used about 1 cup of olive oil. The main component to this dish is the Olive Oil. I used extra virgin olive oil. Do not use any other kind of oil. You specifically need olive oil when making this dish. Olive
How to Make Loubieh Bzeit
This recipe is so simple to make. With a few steps, and you’ll have a healthy and delicious meal.
- To prepare the green beans make sure you trim off the stalk tip. Next you can snap the green beans into 2-3 pieces or using a knife cut into bite size pieces. I find that snapping the green beans is a lot faster. Don’t forget to wash your green beans
- In a pot over medium heat, pour the olive oil. Chop your garlic and saute in with olive oil until garlic is golden in color.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and cook for 12 minutes.
- Add the green beans and mix until all of the ingredients are combined.
- Turn the heat to low, cover pot with a lid, and allow to cook for 20-25 minutes or until green beans are tender.
- Serve with pita bread and enjoy!