This one pan chicken and potato dish is infused with the best aromatic ingredients of lemon, garlic, and olive oil. The easiest dinner meal and the best you can whip in under 1 hour for your family.
This is by far one of my favorite dinner meals to make for my family. It is so easy to make, yet so flavorful and filling! Who doesn’t love all the flavors combined into one flavorful sauce of lemon, garlic, and olive oil? These three main components make the dish so unique. I also love how versatile these three ingredients can be! I enjoy this recipe with a side of jasmine rice and salad!
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Lemon – Lots and lots of lemons! I’m talking about lemon zest and lemon juice. I used about 4 whole lemon squeezed and lemon zest from one lemon. Make sure to wash your lemon that you’re using for the zest.
- Olive Oil – Use a good quality extra virgin olive oil as this will complete the dressing to make this delicious sauce.
- Garlic – This dish is a lemon and garlic recipe so use lots and lots of garlic. The more the better. I used a whole head of garlic. Chop chop and put those arms to work!
- Chicken – When it comes to baking chicken in the oven, I LOVE chicken thighs. They always come out so juicy and never dry. Just make sure to wash chicken well and pat dry any excess water.
- Potato – I love using russet potatoes for this dish, but you can use almost any kind of potato you desire! Red potato, golden potato, Idaho potato.. Wow so many different kinds of potato! Dice those potato up and give them a good season!
- Seasoning – My go to seasonings are always salt, black pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
How to make One Pan Lemon Garlic Chicken and Potato
- Begin by rinsing the chicken thighs and pat dry any excess water.
- Preheat oven at 415 Degrees F
- Season chicken on both sides using salt, black pepper, and 7 spices. If you don’t have 7 spices, no problem, use all spices. You can find all spices at your local grocery store in the seasoning aisle.
- Peel the potatoes, rinse, and dice into cubes.
- Season potatoes with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl mix together, lemon juice, mashed garlic, and olive oil.
- To assemble, using a baking deep dish, lay your chicken thighs and then the diced potatoes on top.
- Pour the lemon garlic and olive oil dressing on top.
- Cover with a foil and allow to cook for at least 45 minutes or until chicken and potatoes are tender. Enjoy
Be sure to follow the exact measurements and directions below on my recipe card. If you love easy dinner meals as much as I do that requires less preparation, be sure to check out these fast and easy quick one pan dinner meals!