Thai inspired Pineapple Fried Rice better than any take out. This dish is full of sweet juicy pineapple and colorful vegetables. Throw in your choice of protein and you will have an easy and delicious meal ready in less than 30 minutes.
Thai Pineapple Steak Fried Rice
Making fried rice at home always seem to taste better than take out. It is easy to make and comes together in minutes. You can choose to add your favorite protein such as, chicken, shrimp, or steak. You can definitely keep this recipe vegan too! This dish is customizable to your liking.
What You’ll Need to Make the Pineapple Fried Rice
You’ll need several specific ingredients before you start preparing the Pineapple Fried Rice. Here are the ingredients to get:
- Cooked Rice – I used left over Jasmine Rice for this recipe.If you don’t have cooked rice, I suggest using the 2:3 ratio method when cooking rice.
- Pineapple – Before adding the pineapple to the rice, chop it all into small pieces. If you like to have more chunks in your fried rice, by all means, you can chop them into medium pieces.
- Soy Sauce – This will give the rices a slight salty taste.
- Mixed Vegetables – I like to buy frozen mixed vegetables that includes chopped carrots, peas, and green beans.
- Corn – The corn adds extra flavor and texture to the rice.
- Orange Bell Pepper – This will add a pop of color and texture to the rice. You can also use red, green, or yellow pepper.
- Red Onions – You can use any kind of onions for this recipe.
- Garlic – Adding garlic to fried rice gives it that aromatic taste.
- Steak – I used flank steak for this recipe.
- Egg – To scramble between the fried rice.
- Vegetable Oil – You will need vegetable oil to cook the vegetables in, and will give that fried texture to the rice once everything is mixed.
How to Make Pineapple Steak Fried Rice
Preparing Pineapple Steak Fried Rice is simple.
- Start by chopping all the vegetables and set aside.
- Chop Pineapples to your desired size.
- Add vegetable oil to a large skillet on medium-high heat and saute red onions and garlic together.
- Add the flank steak and cook until tender. Add salt and pepper.
- Add in the mixed vegetables, corn, and bell pepper. Mix it all together. Then add pineapples in.
- Add cooked rice.
- In the middle of the skillet, crack egg and scramble.
- Serve, garnish with green onions, and drizzle Sriracha sauce for that kick.
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
- 1 Cup Mixed vegetables (Frozen bag of mixed vegetables includes chopped carrots, green beans and peas. )
- 1 Cup Corn
- 1 Cup Orange pepper (You can always use green,, yellow, or red pepper.)
- 1 Cup Chopped Pineapple
- 2 Cloves of garlic
- 1/2 Cup Red onions
- 3 Cups Cooked Rice (Leftover rice works best for this recipe)
- 1 Egg
- 6 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- Flank Steak (You can use any kind of protein for this dish,)
- Salt and Pepper
- Chop your red onions, garlic and peppers. Set aside.
- Combine all the vegetables together in a bowl. Mixed vegetables and corn.
- Chop pineapples and set aside.
- On medium heat, add vegetable oil on a large skillet. Add red onions and garlic, saute for a minute.
- Add your choice of protein. Add the steak and cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the mixed vegetables, corn, and bell peppers. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the pineapples in after.
- Add the soy sauce.
- Add the cooked rice and mix everything until well combined.
- In the middle of the skillet crack an egg. Cook egg and mix well until everything is combined.
- Finally, add salt if needed and serve. Enjoy!