Tres Leches Cake with a twist that is even better than ever! An authentic Mexican cake soaked in three kinds of milk infused with Biscoff spread. Topped with whipped cream and a drizzle Biscoff spread. This is the only recipe you will need when making Tres Leches. Such a moist and creamy cake!
Why make Biscoff Tres Leche Cake?
Tres Leches is one of my favorites cake. I love creamy and dreamy desserts that are not too sweet. Clouds of deliciousness with a twist of my own. I decided to add Biscoff spread to the milk mixture to give it a unique taste. It came out so good, and you have to try it for yourself to see!
- No oil or butter? You got that right! You will not need oil or butter for this cake. Isn’t that awesome? This cake is like a spongecake, so the milk can absorb in the cake in an airy structure inside. Trust me, it will not fall apart! You want a cake that will absorb all that deliciousness!
- Biscoff spread – I’ve seen so many people use this kind of ingredient and incorporate it into many sweets. However, in my opinion, putting Biscoff into the mixture is one of a kind. It just made the Tres leches cake so flavorful and delicious! This did not change the texture by any means.
What is Tres Leches Cake?
Tres Leches in Spanish translates for, “three milks.” Which is the perfect description for this cake! The main component to this cake is the Milk. Tres Leche cake consist of Evaporated milk, Sweetened condensed milk, and whole milk. These milks are combined together and poured over the cake and left to soak. The cake absorbs all of the milks and creates the most moist cake ever.
Biscoff Tres Leches Cake Simple Ingredients:
So simple and easy to find ingredients for this cake. No oil or butter needed, isn’t that amazing?
- All-purpose flour – Make sure to sift together flour, salt, and baking powder to avoid any clumps in the batter.
- Baking powder – This helps the cake lift when baking in the oven.
- Salt – This always enhances the flavor to almost every sweet. Just a little salt needed.
- Eggs – You will separate the egg white and yolk to create a creamy texture that will be folded into the batter.
- White granulated sugar – For sweetness and this will make the cake batter settle.
- Vanilla extract – Just a pinch to enhance the flavor.
- Evaporated milk, Condensed milk, and Whole milk – A trio of milk that is the main component to this cake!
- Biscoff spread – Trust me on this one, this will elevate the cake to another level. Just a little more flavor to this cake won’t hurt. A creamy spread that will melt into the whole milk and poured in the cake.
- Heavy whipping cream – For homemade whipping cream to top the cake off.
- Powdered sugar – This will sweeten the whipped cream and you can add as much as you want. Depending on your sweetness level.
How to Make Biscoff Tres Leches Cake:
- Preheat oven: Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare baking dish – Grab a 9×13 in baking pan, butter the pan including sides and corners. This will help the sponge cake to rise during baking process. You can also use baking spray.
- Dry Ingredients – In a large bowl, sift all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Whisk – Separate your eggs and whisk them separately. Whites go in the large bowl, and yokes go into the small bowl. Make sure the eggs are at room temperature. Using a stand mixture beat egg whites on high until foamy and double in size. Should take about 3 minutes. Once the egg white are foamy, slowly add the sugar and whisk again. This gives you the best stiff texture ever. Mix high for stiff peaks. Add the remaining sugar to the egg yolks. Whisk and add whole milk and vanilla extract.
- Whisk until pale and thickened.
- Fold – Folding is a key technique to this cake. Gently fold these ingredients together. Fold the wet mixture to the dry mixture together. Do not over fold. Swirl the spatula at the the bottom and cut through the middle so the ingredients are all well combined.
- Bake – Pour the batter into the baking dish and using the spatula level off the cake. This cake bakes pretty quickly for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes off clean.
- Cool – Remove the cake from the oven and let cool before pouring the milk in.
- Homemade whipping cream – Make sure heavy whipping cream is cold and the bowl is cold too, so you get the best peak ever. Combine whipping cream and powder sugar together and whisk until cream reaches stiff peak.
- Tres Leche Sauce – Melt the Biscoff spread to the whole milk and mix in together. Pour in a large bowl and combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, and whole milk together. Set aside.
- Make the Biscoff Tres Leches Cake – Once the cake has cooled down. Use a fork and poke holes in the cake. Poke as many holes as you can to ensure that every part of the cake gets milk. Pour the milk mixture all over the cake.
- Spread the whip cream – Spread the whip cream on top of the cake and level off evenly.
- Biscoff topping – Melt biscoff spread in a small bowl, and drizzle on top of the whip cream.
- Chill – Put the biscoff tres leches cake in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.