A copy-cat of Olive Garden Chicken Scampi dish and even better. With the most creamy lemon garlic fragrant sauce, crispy tender chicken, and pasta noodles! An easy and effortless meal to make that will wow your guest.
What’s Chicken Scampi?
Scampi sauce is usually prepared with lemon, garlic, butter, white wine vinegar, sauteed in either shrimp or prawns. I decided to make this recipe with chicken to get more protein in. This dish is served with pasta noodles or even on it’s own. Sauce is so flavorful and easy to make!
Really? Better Than Olive Garden?
What makes this dish stand out more than the Olive Garden Chicken Scampi, is SAUCE! A creamy and dreamy lemon and garlic infused sauce that’s cooked with both olive oil and butter. Can you imagine the aroma of all these beautiful ingredients coming along together and making the house smell so delicious. I love a creamy sauce. No one likes to eat boring dry pasta. It’s all about the sauce in this recipe!
Main Components for Chicken Scampi:
With a few simple ingredients you will have the most delicious dinner meal ever. Here are the ingredients you will need:
- Lemon – You will need 1 lemon to make the sauce. Scampi sauce is all about the lemony zesty taste. Lemon juice and lemon zest will be a staple for this dish.
- Garlic – I love a garlic fragrant sauce and this scampi sauce is infused with lots of garlic. I used a whole bulb chopped.
- Cooking White wine – White wine is an important ingredient to have when making scampi sauce. White wine is a perfect match for many dishes including pasta dishes. White wine will bring out the flavor and adds a balance of sweet and tangy to the sauce. If you don’t have white wine, you may substitute with 1 cup of chicken broth and 2 tablespoons of white vinegar.
- Butter – Cooking with butter always makes any sauce creamy. While the butter is cooking with the garlic and all that lemon zest, you will get the best scampi sauce ever.
- Olive Oil – For best results, I suggest cooking the butter and the olive oil together as the garlic and lemon cook together to ensure a fragrant and aromatic flavor.
- Chicken Tenders – This works best for this recipe as it cooks fast and you will have juicy chicken. If you prefer to cook with shrimp instead, that will work great for this recipe!
- Flour – Coat the chicken in flour to give it that extra crisp we all love.
- Seasonings – For the chicken season with salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and oregano.
- Heavy Cream – This will be the base for the sauce and thickening agent.
- Parmesan cheese and Mozzarella Cheese – You can’t forget the cheese. This brings the sauce all together.
- Garnish – Top off the pasta with chopped parsley and lemon zest.
Be sure to follow exact measurements and directions for this amazing one pan chicken and scampi pasta dish. Just scroll all the way at the bottom of the page and you will find the recipe information! Be sure to also check out my other easy one pan dinner meals!
Tell Me How To Make This Recipe Please:
I guarantee you this is so effortless to make and with a few simple ingredients that I’m sure you already have in your pantry and fridge you will have the best dinner meal that will wow everyone you’re feeding! So here’s how you make this chicken scampi dish!
- Wash chicken properly and pat dry any excess water.
- Season chicken tenders both sides with salt, black pepper, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Coat chicken on each sides with all purpose flour.
- In a skillet on medium heat pour cooking oil you prefer. I used olive oil for this recipe.
- Cook chicken tenders until tender inside and golden crisp on the outside.
- Cook pasta noodles according to directions on the box.
- Set chicken aside. Be sure to clean the skillet if there’s any burnt pieces or over cooked chicken pieces that have fallen out from the flour when cooking the chicken.
- You will use the same skillet you cooked the chicken in to make the sauce.
- For the sauce melt the butter and pour the olive oil in together.
- Saute chopped garlic and cook until golden.
- Add lemon zest and allow to cook with garlic for 2 minutes.
- Pour white wine vinegar, lemon juice, and the water that the noodles are cooked in.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Add in the heavy cream, followed by Parmesan and Mozzarella Cheese.
- When noodles are al Dante, it’s time to drop the noodles in the scampi sauce and MIX. Make sure all the noodles get evenly mixed with the sauce.
- To assemble, in a large deep round serving platter or bowl, pour your creamy scampi noodles, add the chicken on top, and garnish with parsley and lemon zest. Bon appetite!